WIP Slash Your Stash Halloween Quilt

IMG_0560

Slash Your Stash Halloween Quilt


Here’s another Halloween quilt that’s been on my to-do list forever.  Several years ago, my BFF Brenda made one for her DGD and I fell in love with it.  I already had a stash of Halloween fabrics but had to buy the book so I could make my own.

slashstash

Patterns for Quick and Easy Quilts


This was such an easy and fun quilt to put together.  It’s a log-cabin design that uses 3-1/2” inch strips.  I started cutting and piecing on Sunday.  By Sunday evening, I had finished sewing all 36 blocks.  After my 13yo DGD helped me arrange the blocks, she wanted to make sure it was big enough to cover her, so she laid down on the blocks.  It’s much bigger than I originally thought, and it’s perfect for her 5’6” height!

By Tuesday, I finished sewing the rows, and tomorrow I hope to sew on the borders.  DGD hopes I can finish it by Halloween; but, if not, she says she’ll sleep with the top until I can get ‘er done.  I guess I’d better get going!

And, yes, I’m still working on my Happy Halloween Scrappy Stars quilt and am planning to have it finished on Friday.  I’m crossing my fingers on that Friday finish because tomorrow is a no-quilting day.  My BFF Brenda and I are having a girls’ funday, first meeting up for breakfast then spending the day at Disneyland! 



I am linking up to the following.  Please be sure to visit to see what everyone else has been up to and for more great finishes:

Comments

  1. Hi Rita,
    You inspire me to get out fabric that I have bundled for a Halloween quilt that I just didn't get to....maybe I'll make an 11th hour effort! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rita! This quilt looks beautiful and the colours are great! I started to make a quilt with bento boxes but it ended very different. It's the 'Paper Dolls', my enter to the Blogger's Quilt Festival. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun quilt and a great way to bust your stash. Have a fab time at Disneyland - BFF days are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect! Great use of your Halloween stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your halloween quilt! Good luck on the finish. Looks like you're close!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This will be a cute Halloween quilt! I hope you have the Friday finish you want, but a girl's day sounds fantastic! :) Thanks for linking up to MCM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great quilt. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap! I really like it with those Halloween prints.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops